Fabisch Law, L.L.C. 401-324-9344Fabisch Law, L.L.C. attorneys are focused on providing excellent bankruptcy, estate planning, and appellate litigation services throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- An Introduction to Special Education Law: Back to School Series – Eligibility and Evaluation
- Five Tips for Providing for Children With Disabilities
- Fabisch Law, L.L.C. is proud to announce that it is a corporate supporter for the 8th Annual Family Voices/Rhode Island Parent Information Network Family/Professionals Partnerships Conference
- Wrights Law Special Education Law “Boot Camp” Seminar
- Mediation in Special Education Matters
Category Archives: General Special Education
The Massachusetts Bureau of Special Education Appeals (“BSEA”) has a mediation program that it runs concurrently with its formal hearing process. Mediation is a form of ADR or alternative dispute resolution. A pamphlet issued by BSEA does a great job … Continue reading
Sometimes the Special Education community would seem to use more acronyms than the military. While engaged parents pick up on the terms that are relevant to protecting their child’s interests quickly, here is a list of common special education acronyms … Continue reading
The 2004 amendments to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), [Sec.602(30)] defines Specific Learning Disabilities as: (A); “IN GENERAL – specific learning disability means a disorder in 1 or more of the basic psychological processes involved in understanding or … Continue reading
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Executive Office of Health and Human Services has published a useful introductory glossary of terms and phrases helpful to know for those faced with advocating for their child’s right to a free appropriate public education.